Duck N Dash Aquathlon
Organised by Freedom Tri – Hertfordshire’s Friendliest Triathlon club!
JOIN US FOR THE DUCK N DASH AQUATHLON ON SUNDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2021.
The Duck N Dash is a multi-sport race combining a pool swim at Letchworth Outdoor Swimming pool, then a run in the local nature reserve of Norton Common. The distances for adults race and the adults Team Relay challenge are a 400m swim, directly followed by a 5km run.
This year, we are opening the event up to everyone, we are working with the BTF to involve Visually impaired and disabled athletes.
There are also races for juniors between the ages of 8-16 years and a Team Relay challenge for those that prefer to combine the athletic talents of friends, family or work colleagues. If you would like to run or swim only and would like us to match you with a Relay partner of similar ability, please email us on: email@example.com . This friendly event is open to a maximum entry of 350 participants and will feature chip-timed, age-group, male/female competition for anyone between the ages of 8-80 years that would like to test themselves in water and on land.
If you can swim 8 lengths of the outdoor 50m pool and can run 5km, then this is your chance to experience the fastest-growing participation sport in the UK today. For the more competitive athlete looking for a local training opportunity, you won’t be disappointed with the superb venue and delightful setting that Letchworth Garden City has to offer.
- Location:Letchworth Outdoor Pool, Icknield Way, Letchworth Garden City, Herts, SG6 4UF
- Start times: Juniors – 9.00am. Race Starts 9.30am | Seniors – 10.15am
See Timings section below for further details
Seniors & Relay Teams – 400m swim (8 lengths), 5k run |
Juniors – Youth: 15-16 years – 400m swim (8 lengths) & 5k run | Tristar 3: 13-14 years – 300m swim (6 lengths) & 3k run | Tristar 2: 11-12 years – 200m swim (4 lengths) & 2k run | Tristar 1: 9-10 years – 100m swim (2 lengths) & 1k run | Tristar Start: 8 years – 50m swim (1 length) & 0.6k run
- Minimum Age: 8 yrs. Age as at 31/12/2021
- Activity: Multisport
- Open to: Solo participants and relay teams (1 swimmer and 1 runner per team)
- Entry Fee: From just £16.50 per person (Details below)
- BTF License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee or a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Freedom Tri
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: http://www.duckndash.org.uk/
Timing chips will be distributed at Registration only. We recommend that if possible, you register on Saturday and arrive in good time to manage equipment, set-up transition and to warm-up on the morning of the race.
BTF members with a valid Race Licence will be granted a rebate on display of their licence at registration. Seniors, 20 years + £2, juniors, 8-19 years £1.
16:30 registration for adults and juniors open
18:00 registration closes
07:30 registration for juniors and junior transition open
08:30 registration for juniors closes
08:30 registration for adults and adult transition opens
08:40 event briefing will take place at 8:40 poolside; it is mandatory for all competitors to attend
08:45 junior transition closes
09:00 first junior in the pool
09:45 registration for adults closes
10:00 adult transition closes
10:15 first adult in the pool
10:30 (approx) last junior finishes race
11:00 junior prizegiving
11:30 (approx) last adult finishes the race
12:00 adult prizegiving
The Letchworth Outdoor Pool is 50m and swimmers start at 15 second intervals.
The run is on Norton Common over 2 laps for seniors and 1 or 2 laps for juniors depending on age group.
Letchworth Outdoor Pool is located just off Norton Common at Icknield Way, Letchworth, Herts SG6 4UF and managed by Stevenage Leisure Ltd. You can obtain further information at: http://www.sll.co.uk/LETCHWORTH_OUTDOOR/LetchworthOutdoorPool
The race will include a pool swim and cross-country run
Sponsor images can be placed on the right hand side bar when confirmed
Prizes will be awarded to:
Male and Female winners of each age group:
17-18 years age-group.
Male & Female Vets (40+ Years)
Male & Female Super-Vets (50+ Years),
Fastest Relay team.
Junior prizegiving will be at approximately 11:00.
Seniors and relay prizegiving will be at approximately noon.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Your race number will be marked on arm+/or leg
The bus route can be found here. Car parking is available next to the centre.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets, changing rooms and showers are all available at Letchworth Outdoor Pool. Lockers are available and take £0.50 or £0.20 coins which are returned after use.
The course is not wheelchair friendly, but is open to anyone. The
venue is suitable for wheelchairs.
The organiser does not offer transfers or deferrals for this event. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond the organiser’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a choice of a refund of their entry fee (less non-refundable booking fee) or a deferral to next year’s event.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules. http://www.britishtriathlon.org/take-part/events/british-champs/rules-and-eligibility
The event is being officially timed by Event Chip Timing and the results will be available on the day at http://results.eventchiptiming.com
Your finish time and splits will be available soon after completing the event and posted to the FreedomTri website within 24 hours of the race ending. Please take this into consideration when listening to instructions from Race Marshalls.
The presentation will take place within the Letchworth Outdoor Pool area approximately 30 minutes after all competitors have finished the race. Further information will be communicated prior to and during the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
- April 1, 2021