Duck N Dash Aquathlon
Organised by Freedom Tri – Hertfordshire’s Friendliest Triathlon club!
JOIN US FOR THE DUCK N DASH AQUATHLON ON SUNDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2022.
In partnership with Stevenage Leisure, TriSports, McMullen’s Family Brewers and Pubs, Hawkins Sports Massage and Oriel Finance, Freedom Tri are pleased to stage the twelfth Duck’N’Dash Aquathlon at the unique Letchworth Outdoor Swimming Pool. The ‘Duck’N’Dash’ is a multi-sport race combining a 400m pool-swim with a 5k run in the local nature reserve of Norton Common.
There are shorter alternatives for juniors between the ages of 08-14 years and a Team Relay challenge for those that prefer to call on the athletic talents of friends, family or work colleagues to either run or swim.
This year, we’re opening the event up to everyone, we are working with the BTF to involve visually impaired and mixed ability athletes.
This friendly event is open to a maximum entry of 350 participants and will feature chip-timed, age-group, male/female competition for anyone between the ages of 08-80 years that would like to test themselves on land and in water.
If you can swim 8 lengths of the outdoor 50m pool and can run 5km (reduced distances for younger age groups!), then this is your chance to experience the fastest-growing participation sport in the UK today. For the more competitive athlete looking for a local training opportunity, you won’t be disappointed with the superb venue and delightful setting that Letchworth Garden City has to offer.
- Location: Letchworth Outdoor Pool, Icknield Way, Letchworth Garden City, Herts, SG6 4UF
- Approximate Start times: Juniors – 9.00am. Race Starts 9.30am | Seniors – 10.15am
See Timings section below for further details
Seniors & Relay Teams – 400m swim (8 lengths), 5k run
Juniors – Youth: 15-16 years – 400m swim (8 lengths) & 5k run Tristar 3: 13-14 years – 300m swim (6 lengths) & 3k run Tristar 2: 11-12 years – 200m swim (4 lengths) & 2k run Tristar 1: 9-10 years – 100m swim (2 lengths) & 1k run Tristar Start: 8 years – 50m swim (1 length) & 0.6k run
Please use the table above to ensure that you are entering your child for the correct event according to their date of birth.
- Minimum Age: From 8 yrs. Ages as at 31/12/2022
- Activity: Multisport
- Open to: Solo participants and relay teams (1 swimmer and 1 runner per team)
- Entry Fee: From £18.50 per person (Details below)
- BTF License No: Applied for
- Refunds: If you are unable to participate for any reason, just let us know. We can always defer your entry to next year or in certain circumstances, offer a refund.
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee or a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Freedom Tri
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timing chips will be distributed at Registration only. We recommend that if possible, you register on Saturday and arrive in good time to manage equipment, set-up transition and to warm-up on the morning of the race.
BTF members with a valid Race Licence will be granted a rebate on display of their licence at registration. Seniors, 20 years + £5, juniors, 8-19 years £1.
All timings are subject to slight alteration. Final timings will be sent by email in the week prior to the event.
16:30 registration for adults and juniors open
18:00 registration closes
07:30 registration for juniors and junior transition open
08:30 registration for juniors closes
08:30 registration for adults and adult transition opens
08:40 event briefing will take place at 8:40 poolside; it is mandatory for all competitors to attend
08:45 junior transition closes
09:00 first junior in the pool
09:45 registration for adults closes
10:00 adult transition closes
10:15 first adult in the pool
10:30 (approx) last junior finishes race
11:00 junior prizegiving
11:30 (approx) last adult finishes the race
12:00 adult prizegiving
The Letchworth Outdoor Pool is 50m and swimmers start at 15 second intervals.
The run is on Norton Common over 2 laps for seniors and 1 or 2 laps for juniors depending on age group.
Letchworth Outdoor Pool is located just off Norton Common at Icknield Way, Letchworth, Herts SG6 4UF and managed by Stevenage Leisure Ltd. You can obtain further information at: http://www.sll.co.uk/LETCHWORTH_OUTDOOR/LetchworthOutdoorPool
The race will include a pool swim and cross-country run
Prizes will be awarded to the male & female winners of each age group:
Vets (40+ Years)
Super-Vets (50+ Years),
Plus fastest Relay team and fastest Adaptive Adult
Junior prizegiving will be at approximately 11:00.
Seniors, relay and adaptive adult prizegiving will be at approximately noon.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Your race number will be provided with your race pack at registration. Your race number will need to be worn on your front during the run so we recommend a using a race belt or pinning to a T-shirt which can be quickly put on after the swim.
The bus route can be found here. Car parking is available next to the centre.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets, changing rooms and showers are all available at Letchworth Outdoor Pool. Lockers are available and take £0.50 or £0.20 coins which are returned after use.
The course is not wheelchair friendly, but is open to anyone. The
venue is suitable for wheelchairs.
If you are unable to participate for any reason, just let us know. We can always defer your entry to next year or in certain circumstances, offer a refund
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond the organiser’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a choice of a refund of their entry fee (less non-refundable booking fee) or a deferral to next year’s event.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules. http://www.britishtriathlon.org/take-part/events/british-champs/rules-and-eligibility
The event is being officially timed by Event Chip Timing and the results will be available on the day at http://results.eventchiptiming.com
Your finish time and splits will be available soon after completing the event and posted to the FreedomTri website within 24 hours of the race ending. Please take this into consideration when listening to instructions from Race Marshalls.
The presentation will take place within the Letchworth Outdoor Pool area approximately 30 minutes after all competitors have finished the race. Further information will be communicated prior to and during the event.
- if you are purchasing a Family or 1 Adult + 1 Child ticket, your children will be entered in the appropriate event according to their date of birth.
- Please add your ticket(s) to the cart and press the red button to proceed to registration. You can update the ticket quantity on the next page.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
|Duck N Dash Family Ticket ( 2 Adults and 2 Juniors)||£70|
|Duck N Dash 1 Adult plus 1 child Ticket||£40|
|Duck N Dash Adult Relay Ticket (2 team members)||£28|
|Duck N Dash Adult Ticket||£26|
|Duck N Dash Adult Adaptive Ticket (1 Adult plus 1 Guide/Supporter)||£26|
|Duck N Dash Youth: 15-16 years||£18.50|
|Duck N Dash Tristar 3: 13-14 years||£18.50|
|Duck N Dash Tristar 2: 11-12 years||£18.50|
|Duck N Dash Tristar 1: 9-10 years||£18.50|
|Duck N Dash Tristar Start: 8 years||£18.50|